S.W.A.G = Something We All Got

I got S.W.A.G. You got a problem with that??

Set in Ireland, Holly Kennedy is beautiful, smart and married to the love of her life - a passionate, funny and impetuous Irishman named Gerry. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry, so it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of 10 letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in rediscovering herself. The messages are Gerry's way of informing Holly life goes on. The messages include various tasks and treats Gerry has left for Holly. This is his way of letting her know he will always be there for her. Each letter sends her on a new adventure and each signs off in the same way: "P.S. I Love You." Holly's mother and best friends, Sharon and Denise, begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but, in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future.

Letter No.1 (February) : Save yourself the bruises and buy yourself a bedside lamp!
PS, I love you...
Reason - She always bump her leg against the bedpost while going back to bed after
switching off the lights.

Letter No. 2 (April): A Disco Diva must always look her best. Go shopping for an outfit, as
you'll need it for next month!
PS, I love you...
Reason - She doesn't have enough clothes. Gerry ask her to go and buy a dress for next
month.

Letter No. 3 (May) : Go on Disco Diva! Face your fear of karaoke at Club Diva this
month and you never know, you might be rewarded!
PS, I love you...
Reason - She has to face her fears of karaoke. Holly obeyed Gerry's orders and went to a
karaoke competition in Hogan's Pub.

Letter No. 4 ( June) : PS, I love you, Holly, and I know you love me. You don't need my
belongings to remember me by, you don't need to keep them as proof
that I existed or still exist in your mind. You don't need to wear my
sweater to feel me around you; I'm already there... always wrapping
my arms around you.
Reason - Gerry asks her to get rid of his things because he doesn't want her to remember
him by his things.

Letter No. 5 (July) : Have a good Holly day!
PS, I love you...
Reason - Gerry has paid and bought Holly a holiday just before he passed away. Holly was
suppose to go to Lanzarote to enjoy her holiday.

Letter No. 6 (August): Hi Holly,
I hope you're having a wonderful holiday. You're looking
beautiful in that bikini, by the way! I hope I picked the right place
for you, it's the place you and I almost went for our honeymoon,
remember? Well, I'm glad you got to see it in the end...

Apparently, if you stand at the very end of the beach near the
rocks from your hotel, and look around the corner to the left, you'll
see a lighthouse. I'm told that's where the dolphins gather... not many
people know that. I know you love dolphins... tell them I said hi...

PS, I love you, Holly...

Letter No. 7 (September): Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll still be among the
stars.

Promise me you will find a job you love this time!

PS, I love you...
Reason - Gerry asks Holly to find a job she likes. Later on, she works in a company in the
Advertising Department.

Letter No. 8 (October): A sunflower for my sunflower. To brighten the dark October days
you hate so much. Plant some more, and be safe in the knowledge
a warm and bright summer awaits.

PS, I love you...
Reason - Gerry asks her to clean up her garden as it is very messy and unkempt.

Letter No. 9 (November): Cinderella must go to the ball this month. And she will look
glamorous and beautiful and have the time of her life just like
always... But no white dresses this year...
PS, I love you...
Reason - Gerry asks her to go to the annual ball. She has to go to the ball although
Gerry won't be there with her.

Letter No. 10 (December): Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Open your heart and follow
where it leads you... and remember, shoot for the moon...
PS, I will always love you...
Reason - Gerry ask her to fall in love again because he doesn't want Holly to feel lonely.

I hope you will enjoy this book as much as I do...

PS, have a good day =)

Signing off,
Miss Music Maniac

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Feedjit - Visitors

Followers

My Favorite Songs


Music

It's All About.... Me!!

Hi. I am just a sweet and bubbly girl who is surrounded by great people. I am also surrounded by MUSIC ! I just love music. I like to sing to all my favorite songs during my free time ^^ Besides that, I love to read. My favorite books are Harry Potter.

I hope you will find my blog interesting ^^ Have a great day!!